Hi,

Has anyone tried using Tableau on Spark SQL?

Specifically how does Tableau handle in-memory capabilities of Spark.

As I understand Tableau uses its own propriety SQL against say Oracle. That
is well established. So for each product Tableau will try to use its own
version of SQL against that product  like Spark
or Hive.

However, when I last tried Tableau on Hive, the mapping and performance was
not that good in comparision with the same tables and data in Hive..

My approach has been to take Oracle 11.g sh schema
<https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18283_01/server.112/e10831/diagrams.htm>containing
star schema and create and ingest the same tables and data  into Hive
tables. Then run Tableau against these tables and do the performance
comparison. Given that Oracle is widely used with Tableau this test makes
sense?

Thanks.

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *