I think its very very unlikely that it will get withdrawn.  The primary
reason that the APIs are still marked experimental is that we like to have
several releases before committing to interface stability (in particular
the interfaces to write custom sources and sinks are likely to evolve).
Also, there are currently quite a few limitations in the types of queries
that we can run (i.e. multiple aggregations are disallowed, we don't
support stream-stream joins yet).  In these cases though, we explicitly say
its not supported when you try to start your stream.

For the use cases that are supported in 2.1 though (streaming ETL, event
time aggregation, etc) I'll say that we have been using it in production
for several months and we have customers doing the same.