Hi,

The choice of ES vs Cassandra should really be made depending on your query
use-cases. ES and Cassandra have their own strengths which should be
matched to what you want to do rather than making a choice based on their
respective feature sets.

Reading your original question again, it seems to me probably you don't
need a fast data store since you are doing a batch-like processing (reading
from Parquet files) and it is possibly to control this part fully. And it
also seems like you want to use ES. You can try to reduce the number of
Spark executors to throttle the writes to ES.

-Shiva