I'm trying to easily create custom encoders for case classes having
"unfriendly" fields. I could just kryo the whole thing, but would like to at
least have a few fields in the schema instead of one binary blob. For example,

case class MyClass(id: UUID, items: Map[String, Double], name: String)

Is there a way to create an Encoder[MyClass] by kryo-ing the things that don't
work, and not the ones that do, while retaining distinct columns? In the
previous example, I'd at least want (binary, binary, String).

Is this possible?

-Ashic.