Hi,

My goal is to ~
(1) either chain streaming aggregations in a single query OR
(2) run multiple streaming aggregations and save data in some meaningful
format to execute low latency / failsafe OLAP queries

So my first choice is parquet format , but I failed to make it work !

I am using spark-streaming_2.11-2.1.1

I am facing the following error -
org.apache.spark.sql.AnalysisException: Append output mode not supported
when there are streaming aggregations on streaming DataFrames/DataSets;

- for the following syntax

 StreamingQuery streamingQry = tagBasicAgg.writeStream()

              .format("parquet")

              .trigger(ProcessingTime.create("10 seconds"))

              .queryName("tagAggSummary")

              .outputMode("append")

              .option("checkpointLocation", "/tmp/summary/checkpoints/")

              .option("path", "/data/summary/tags/")

              .start();
But, parquet doesn't support 'complete' outputMode.

So is parquet supported only for batch queries , NOT for streaming queries
?

- note that console outputmode working fine !

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Kaniska