Hi Assaf,

Thanks for the suggestion on checkpointing - I'll need to read up more on
that.

My current implementation seems to be crashing with a GC memory limit
exceeded error if Im keeping multiple persist calls for a large number of
files.

Thus, I was also thinking about the constant calls to persist. Since all my
actions are Spark transformations(union of large number of Spark Dataframes
from Pandas dataframes), this entire process of building a large Spark
dataframe is essentially a huge transformation. Is it necessary to call
persist between unions? Shouldnt I instead wait for all the unions to
complete and call persist finally?