Hello,

I send another time this mail, no response abpit my question.

Regards

Marina

De : BRUNEL Marina OBS/OAB
Envoyé : jeudi 13 juillet 2017 10:43
À : user@spark.apache.org
Cc : DL PINK MALIMA
Objet : how to identify the alive master spark via Zookeeper ?

Hello,

In our project, we have a Spark cluster with 2 master and 4 workers and
Zookeeper decides which master is alive.
We have a problem with our reverse proxy to display the Spark Web UI. The RP
redirect on a master with IP address configured in initial configuration but if
Zookeeper decides to change the master, our spark Web UI is not accessible
because the IP address of master changed.
We want to find dynamically which master is elected every time.
We search in Internet a solution to know with Zookeeper which master is alive
but we don't find anything. It is possible with confd to search if property
changed but none property is saved in Zookeeper. In folder /spark in Zookeeper,
nothing is logged.
Why Spark does not send property to Zookeeper to indicate which ip address or
hostname is elected ? In your class ZooKeeperLeaderElectionAgent.scala, you
logged which master is elected but perhaps it will be also a good solution to
send a property to Zookeeper to indicate host.

We already asked to Zookeeper user mailing list and they said that:
"This question may be better suited for the Spark mailing lists as Zookeeper
doesn't really "decide" which master is alive but rather provides a mechanism
for the application to make the correct decision."

So, we think that we are not alone with this type of problem but we can't find
anything on Internet.

Can you help us to solve this problem ?
Regards,
Marina