Hi jg,

Perhaps I am misunderstanding you, but if you just want to create a new
schema from a df its fairly simple, assuming you have a schema already
predefined or in a string. i.e.

val newSchema = DataType.fromJson(json_schema_string)

then all you need to do is re-create the dataframe using this new dataframe

sqlContext.createDataFrame(oldDF.rdd,newSchema)

Regards
Sam