Hi,

Please try to use the SPARK UI from the way that AWS EMR recommends, it
should be available from the resource manager. I never ever had any problem
working with it. THAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY PRIMARY AND SOLE SOURCE OF
DEBUGGING.

Sadly, I cannot be of much help unless we go for a screen share session
over google chat or skype.

Also, I ALWAYS prefer the maximize Resource Allocation setting in EMR to be
set to true.

Besides that, there is a metrics in the EMR console which shows the number
of containers getting generated by your job on graphs.

Regards,
Gourav Sengupta