Hi,

Are you talking about df.withColumn() ? If so, thats not what I meant. I
meant creating a new column using raw sql. otherwords say I dont have a
dataframe I only have the view name from df.createOrReplaceView("table") so
I can do things like "select * from table" so in a similar fashion I want
to see how I can create a new Column using the raw sql. I am looking at
this reference https://docs.databricks.com/spark/latest/spark-sql/index.html
and I am not seeing a way.

Thanks!