Hi Matt,
unfortunately I have no code pointer at hand.

I will sketch how to accomplish this via the API, it will for sure at least
help you getting started.

1) ETL + vectorization (I assume your feature vector to be named "features")

2) You run a clustering algorithm (say KMeans:
https://spark.apache.org/docs/2.2.0/ml-clustering.html), and the "fit"
method will add an extra column named "prediction", where each row in the
original dataframe now has a cluster id associated (you can control the
name of the prediction column, as shown in the example, I assume the
default)

3) You run a DT (https://spark.apache.org/docs/2.2.0/ml-classification-
regression.html#decision-tree-classifier), and specify

.setLabelCol("prediction")
> .setFeaturesCol("features")

so that the output of KMeans (the cluster id) is used as a class label by
the classification algorithm, which is again using the feature vector
(always stored in "features" column).

4) For a start, you can visualize the decision tree with "toDebugString()"
method (note that you have indexed feature names, not the original name,
check this for an idea of how to convert the indexes back:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36122559/how-to-map-variable-names-to-
features-after-pipeline)

The easiest insight you can get on the classifier is "feature importance",
that can give you an approximate idea of which are the most relevant
features used to classify.

Otherwise you can inspect the model programmatically or manually, but you
have to define precisely what you want to have a look at (coverage,
precision, recall etc.), and rank the tree leaves accordingly (using the
impurity stats of each node, for instance).

Hth,
Alessandro