Hi,

When I issue a "free -m" command in a host, I see a lot of memory used for cache in OS, however Spark Streaming is not able to request that memory for its usage, and it fail the execution due to not been able to launch executors.

What I understand of the OS memory cache (the one in "free -m" command result) is that, in practice is a free memory, because programs can request that memory for usage when needed, and OS "gives" the requested amount to the program. Is that right? If not, what is the behavior of OS cache? And what can spark do to use this memory?

Thanks a lot,

Raúl