Hi Aakash,

For clarification are you running this in Yarn client mode or standalone?

How much total yarn memory is available?

>From my experience for a bigger cluster I found the following incremental
settings useful (CDH 5.9, Yarn client) so you can scale yours

[1] - 576GB

--num-executors 24

--executor-memory 21G

--executor-cores 4
--conf spark.yarn.executor.memoryOverhead=3000

[2] - 672GB

--num-executors 28

--executor-memory 21G

--executor-cores 4
--conf spark.yarn.executor.memoryOverhead=3000

[3] - 786GB

--num-executors 32

--executor-memory 21G

--executor-cores 4
--conf spark.yarn.executor.memoryOverhead=3000

[4] - 864GB

--num-executors 32

--executor-memory 21G

--executor-cores 4
--conf spark.yarn.executor.memoryOverhead=3000

HTH

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com