I'm trying to use a data model that has a instance variable that is a Set. If
I leave the type as the Abstract Set class I get an error thrown because Set
is an interface so it cannot be instantiated. If I then try and make the
variable a concrete implementation of Set I get an analysis exception

"org.apache.spark.sql.AnalysisException: cannot resolve 'named_struct()' due
to data type mismatch: input to function named_struct requires at least one
argument".

If I then change the type to be a list the program works just fine. I'm
using dataset operations and using the Encoders.bean method to cast the rows
to the proper type.

Is there a way to get around this without forcing me to use a List in my
model?