Femi,
We have a solution that needs to be both on-prem and also in the cloud.

Not sure how that impacts anything, what we want is to run an analytical
query on a large dataset (ours is over Cassandra) -- so batch in that
sense, but think on-demand --- and then have the result be entirely (not
first x number of rows) available for a web application to access the
results.

Web application work over a REST API, so while the query can be submitted
through something like Livy or the thrift-server, the concern is how do we
get the final result back to be useful.

I could think of two ways of doing that.

A  global temp table would work, but that would be first point --- it seems
a bit involved. My point was that, has someone solved that problem and run
through all the steps?

- Affan

ᐧ