It is intentionally not accessible in your code since Utils is internal
Spark code, not part of the public API. Changing Spark to make that private
code public would be inviting trouble, or at least future headaches. If you
don't already know how to build and maintain your own custom fork of Spark
with those private Utils made public, then you probably shouldn't be
thinking about doing so.