Hi Imran,
here is my usecase
There is 1K nodes cluster and jobs have performance degradation because of
a single node. It's rather hard to convince Cluster Ops to decommission
node because of "performance degradation". Imagine 10 dev teams chase
single ops team for valid reason (node has problems) or because code has a
bug or data is skewed or spots on the sun. We can't just decommission node
because random dev complains.

Simple solution:
- rerun failed / delayed job and blacklist "problematic" node in advance.
- Report about the problem if job works w/o anomalies.
- ops collect complains about node and start to decommission it when
"complains threshold" is reached. It's a rather low probability that many
loosely coupled teams with loosely coupled jobs complain about a single
node.

Results
- Ops are not spammed with a random requests from devs
- devs are not blocked because of the really bad node.
- it's very cheap for everyone to "blacklist" node during job submission
w/o doing anything to node.
- it's very easy to automate such behavior. Many teams use 100500 kinds of
workflow runners and the strategy is dead simple (depends on SLA of
course).
  - Just re-run failed job excluding nodes with failed tasks (if number of
nodes is reasonable)
  - Kill stuck job if it runs longer than XXX minutes and re-start
excluding nodes with long-running tasks.