Hi,

I'm in a somewhat similar situation. Here's what I do (it seems to be
working so far):

1. Stream in the JSON as a plain string.
2. Feed this string into a JSON library to validate it (I use Circe).
3. Using the same library, parse the JSON and extract fields X, Y and Z.
4. Create a dataset with fields X, Y, Z and the JSON as a String/
5. Write this dataset to HDFS as Parquet partitioned on X and sorted on Y.

Obviously, this is not exactly the same as your use case (for instance, I
have no idea what your requirements are regarding "flattening the nesting
jsons"). Also, I extract only a few fields that I use as columns in the
resulting Dataset but then store the rest of the JSON as a string. However,
the principle should be the same for you.

HTH.

Phillip