Hello Paolo,
generally speaking, query planning is mostly based on statistics and
distributions of data values for the involved columns, which might
significantly change over time in a streaming context, so for me it makes a
lot of sense that it is run at every schedule, even though I understand
your concern.

For the second question I don't know how to (or if you even can) cache the
computed query plan.

If possible, would you mind sharing your findings afterwards? (query
planning on streaming it's a very interesting and not yet enough explored
topic IMO)

Best regards,
Alessandro