Hi Team,

We are executing spark submit job by enabling the metrics(spark 2.4 on
kubernetes) on the user defined port(say 45010). We have observed that the job
is not going into "Completed" state even after it's
completion(<sparkContext>.stop()).
The pods for this spark submit job remain in "Running" state.  I am able to
collect the metrics for both driver and executor/s on the defined port by using
curl.

Below is the content of metrics.properties:
executor.sink.csv.class=org.apache.spark.metrics.sink.CsvSink
executor.sink.csv.period=1
executor.sink.csv.directory=/tmp/
executor.sink.csv.unit=seconds
driver.sink.csv.class=org.apache.spark.metrics.sink.CsvSink
driver.sink.csv.directory=/tmp/

*.sink.jmx.class=org.apache.spark.metrics.sink.JmxSink
driver.sink.jmx.period=1
driver.sink.jmx.unit=seconds

# Enable JVM metrics source for all instances by class name
driver.source.jvm.class=org.apache.spark.metrics.source.JvmSource
executor.source.jvm.class=org.apache.spark.metrics.source.JvmSource

Spark Submit Job:
export HADOOP_CONF_DIR=<xml files path>;sudo -E ./spark-submit --verbose
--deploy-mode cluster --master <k8s master host> --conf spark.app.name=<app Id>
--conf spark.executor.instances=2 <program file>

Please let me know if it is the expected behavior ?

Regards,
Abhishek Jain