Hi Lian,

I was following the thread since one of my students had the same issue. The
problem was when trying to save a larger XML dataset into HDFS and due to
the connectivity timeout between Spark and HDFS, the output wasn't able to
be displayed.
I also suggested him to do the same as @Apostolos said in the previous
mail, using saveAsTextFile instead (haven't got any result/reply after my
suggestion).

Seeing the last commit date "*Jan 10, 2017*" made
on databricks/spark-csv [1] project, not sure how much inline with Spark
2.x is. Even though there is a *note* about it on the README file.

Would it be possible that you share your solution (in case the project is
open-sourced already) with us and then we can have a look at it?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,
[1]. https://github.com/databricks/spark-csv

--

*Gëzim Sejdiu*

*PhD Student & Research Associate*

*SDA, University of Bonn*

*Endenicher Allee 19a, 53115 Bonn, Germany*

*https://gezimsejdiu.github.io/ <https://gezimsejdiu.github.io/>*

GitHub <https://github.com/GezimSejdiu> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/Gezim_Sejdiu> | LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/g%C3%ABzim-sejdiu-08b1761b> | Google Scholar