From: Matt Cheah <mch...@palantir.com> <mch...@palantir.com>
Reply: Matt Cheah <mch...@palantir.com> <mch...@palantir.com>
Date: July 1, 2019 at 4:45:55 PM
To: Pat Ferrel <p...@occamsmachete.com> <p...@occamsmachete.com>,
user@spark.apache.org <user@spark.apache.org> <user@spark.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: k8s orchestrating Spark service

Sorry, I don’t quite follow – why use the Spark standalone cluster as an
in-between layer when one can just deploy the Spark application directly
inside the Helm chart? I’m curious as to what the use case is, since I’m
wondering if there’s something we can improve with respect to the native
integration with Kubernetes here. Deploying on Spark standalone mode in
Kubernetes is, to my understanding, meant to be superseded by the native
integration introduced in Spark 2.4.