Hi Eliza,

In my experience, Kafka + Spark streaming + (perhaps HBase if you want to
store the metrics) is so far the best combo.
Not only because the technology is mature, but also because there are a lot
of examples available on the web and books.
They typically should cover most of what you would probably need and you
can easily build something more complex on top of that.
However, if you can, I would advise building several prototypes and then
choosing the best stack. At least that's how we got where we are.

Kind regards,
Aziret