From: Alfredo Marquez <alfredo.g.marq...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2019 4:26:49 PM
To: user@spark.apache.org <user@spark.apache.org>
Subject: Re: SparkR integration with Hive 3 spark-r

Does anyone else have some insight to this question?

Thanks,

Alfredo

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019, 3:00 PM Alfredo Marquez
<alfredo.g.marq...@gmail.com<mailto:alfredo.g.marq...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hello Nicolas,

Well the issue is that with Hive 3, Spark gets it's own metastore, separate
from the Hive 3 metastore.  So how do you reconcile this separation of
metastores?

Can you continue to "enableHivemetastore" and be able to connect to Hive 3?
Does this connection take advantage of Hive's LLAP?

Our team doesn't believe that it's possible to make the connection as you would
in the past.  But if it is that simple, I would be ecstatic 😁.

Thanks,

Alfredo

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019, 12:53 PM Nicolas Paris