Masood Krohy, Ph.D.
Data Science Advisor|Platform Architect
https://www.analytical.works

On 4/4/20 7:49 AM, Marshall Markham wrote:

Thank you very much Masood for your fast response. Last question, is the current status in Jira representative of the status of the ticket within the project team? This seems like a big deal for the K8s implementation and we were surprised to find it marked as priority low. Is there any discussion of picking up this work in the near future?

Thanks,

Marshall

*From:*Masood Krohy <masood.krohy@analytical.works>
*Sent:* Friday, April 3, 2020 9:34 PM
*To:* Marshall Markham <mmark...@precisionlender.com>; user <user@spark.apache.org>
*Subject:* Re: spark-submit exit status on k8s

While you wait for a fix on that JIRA ticket, you may be able to add an intermediary step in your AirFlow graph, calling Spark's REST API after submitting the job, and dig into the actual status of the application, and make a success/fail decision accordingly. You can make repeated calls in a loop to the REST API with few seconds delay between each call while the execution is in progress until the application fails or succeeds.

https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/monitoring.html#rest-api <https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fspark.apache.org%2Fdocs%2Flatest%2Fmonitoring.html%23rest-api&data=02%7C01%7Cmmarkham%40precisionlender.com%7C5de463febcd142287ba208d7d8384f1c%7Cf06d459bd9354ad7a9d3a82343c4c9da%7C0%7C1%7C637215608668550345&sdata=VeYtrGQ2yfkYvxuEvqgaTVoTf2ap5krWlmtR8OJBcr0%3D&reserved=0>

Hope this helps.

Masood

<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.analytical.works%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cmmarkham%40precisionlender.com%7C5de463febcd142287ba208d7d8384f1c%7Cf06d459bd9354ad7a9d3a82343c4c9da%7C0%7C1%7C637215608668550345&sdata=1e07VVnMzpaUTR4ppvZxY5XCEcfRzCX7gA6YgdlWWaU%3D&reserved=0>