The end value is important  for me.

I think certification in commercial framework is most valuable for me.

What is free is the access to the framework. That is invaluable.

In the past Access to commercial frameworks was not possible .
One could only get it if a company sent you.

This involved one week intense training courses. costing in the order of
USD $3000. That is still the case. With Spring for example you can train
freely and sit the certification for  minimal fee ($200) in the event a
company doesn't send you on a one week USD $3000 course spring course.

ACCESS : Being able to download and install a commercial framework  is
priceless.

I think  frameworks like Spark and accompanying mathematical  concepts
cannot be learned in one week but highly achievable  for proficient
commercial development in two months. Resources for learning relevant maths
are abundant. Actually relevant maths are encapsulated in  APIs.  That is
Bad news for masters and phD mathematicians.

During one such one week course my colleague , an american outspoken type
said .  he was right.  As it happened the framework fell short due to
concepts I knew from commercial software development experience.

I would say certification in Java is only worth 1/10  to that of
certification in a java framework like J2ee , spring , Spark.
Even certification as a DBA is more valuable than Language Certification
because simply you can show you can operate equipment like a database.

With language certification you can build an IDE. Same as  people who buy a
lathe the first thing they do is use it to build another Lathe.