Rishi,
Just adding to zhang's questions.

Are you expecting multiple tags per row?
Do you check multiple regex for a single tag?

Let's say you had only one tag then theoretically you should be do this -

1 Remove stop words or any irrelevant stuff
2 split text into equal sized chunk column (eg - if max length is
1000chars, split into 20 columns of 50 chars)
3 distribute work for each column that would result in binary (true/false)
for a single tag
4 merge the 20 resulting columns
5 repeat for other tags or do them in parallel 3 and 4 for them

Note on 3: If you expect single tag per row, then you can repeat 3 column
by column and skip rows that have got tags in prior step.

Secondly, if you expect similarity in text (of some kind) then you could
jus work on unique text values (might require shuffle, hence expensive) and
then join the end result back to the original data.  You could use hash of
some kind to join back. Though I would go for this approach only if the
chances of similarity in text are very high (it could be in your case for
being transactional data).

Not the full answer to your question but hope this helps you brainstorm
more.

Thanks,
Amol