Hi Jörn,

Thanks for the reply. I will try to create a easier example to reproduce
the issue.

I will also try your suggestion to look into the UI. Can you guide on what
I should be looking for?

I was already using the s3a protocol to compare the times.

My hunch is that multiple reads from S3 are required because of improper
caching of intermediate data. And maybe hdfs is doing a better job at this.
Does this make sense?

I would also like to add that we built an extra layer on S3 which might be
adding to even slower times.

Thanks for your help.