Hi,

I receive an error message from the MongoDB server if there are too many Spark applications trying to access the database at the same time (about 3 or 4), "Cannot open a new cursor since too many cursors are already opened." I am not too sure of how to remedy this. I am not sure how the plugin behaves when it's pulling data.

It appears that a given running application will open many connections to the database. The total number of cursors in the database's setting is many more than the number of read operations occurring in Spark.

Does the plugin keep a connection/cursor open to the database even after it has pulled out the data into a dataframe?

Why are there so many open cursors for a single read operation?

Does catching the exception, sleeping for a while, then trying again make sense? If cursors are kept open throughout the life of the application this would not make sense.

Plugin version: org.mongodb.spark:mongo-spark-connector_2.12:2.4.1