Hi Spark User group,

I have a couple of quick questions about running Spark in Kubernetes
between different deploy modes.

As specified in
https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/running-on-kubernetes.html#client-mode,
since Spark 2.4, client mode support is available when running in
Kubernetes, and it says "when your application runs in client mode, the
driver can run inside a pod or on a physical host". Then here come the
questions.

1. If I understand correctly, in cluster mode, the driver is also running
inside a k8s pod. Then, what's the difference between running it in cluster
mode, versus running it in client mode when I choose to run my driver in a
pod?

2. What does it mean by "running driver on a physical host"? Does it mean
that it runs outside of the k8s cluster? What config should I pass to spark
submit so that it runs this way, instead of running my driver into a k8s
pod?

Thanks!

Best,
Shiqi