Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, since it is included in the jars then it
is unclear whether it is used internally at least to me.

I can substitute the jar in the distro to avoid the scanner from finding it
but then it is unclear whether I could be breaking something or not. Given
that 3.1.2 is the latest release, I guess you might expect that it would
pass the scanners but I am not sure if that version spans 3.0.x and 3.1.x
or not either.

I can report findings in an issue where I am pretty darn sure it is a valid
vulnerability if that is ok? That at least would raise the visibility.

Will 3.2.x be Scala 2.13.x only or cross compiled with 2.12?

I realize Spark is a beast so I just want to help if I can but also not
create extra work if it is not useful for me or the Spark team/contributors.