One alternative I can think of is that you publish your orphaned
transactions to another topic from the main Spark job

You create a new DF based on orphaned transactions

result = orphanedDF \
                    .writeStream \
                     .outputMode('complete') \
                     .format("kafka") \
                     .option("kafka.bootstrap.servers",
config['MDVariables']['bootstrapServers'],) \
                     .option("topic", "orphaned") \
                     .option('checkpointLocation', checkpoint_path) \
                     .queryName("orphanedTransactions") \
                     .start()

And consume it somewhere else

HTH