Hi,

the SPARK community should have been able to build distributed ML
capabilities, and as far as I remember that was the idea initially behind
SPARK 3.x roadmap (barrier execution mode,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-24579).

Ray, another Berkeley Labs output like SPARK, is trying to capture that
market space.

I am not sure whether there is any steer by the SPARK community leaders to
seriously prioritise building those capabilities at all. But I am sure if
the brilliant and fantastic minds behind SPARK did actually want to allow
building those capabilities, they can easily do so, and achieve that :)

I would sincerely request the open source SPARK community to prioritise
building the SPARK capabilities to scale ML applications.

Thanks and Regards,
Gourav Sengupta