Hi,

I have a simple Java program that reads messages from a Google Cloud Pubsub
topic and prints them. It works correctly when I run the program as a
standalone, but it fails to receive messages when run using spark-submit.
It connects to the subscription using my authentication credentials, but
doesn't receive any messages post that.

   1. Do programs launched using spark-submit have to follow a different
   structure in general? My program doesn't do any Spark related stuff as of
   now, but I'll be adding it later.
   2. Are there working examples of Spark + Cloud Pubsub integration? I
   came across a library called Apache Bahir, but is it a must to use a
   library like that?

The code for my example can be found here:
https://github.com/pramodbiligiri/pubsub-spark

Pramod Biligiri