If you're using dynamic allocation it could be caused by executors with
shuffle data being deallocated before the shuffle is cleaned up. These
shuffle files will never get cleaned up once that happens until the Yarn
application ends. This was a big issue for us so I added support for
deleting shuffle data via the shuffle service for deallocated executors
that landed in Spark 3.3, but it is disabled by default. See
https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/core/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/internal/config/package.scala#L698
.

spark.shuffle.service.removeShuffle

If you're not using dynamic allocation then I'm not sure, shuffle data
should be deleted once it's no longer needed (through garbage collection
mechanisms referencing the shuffle). Maybe just make sure any variables
referencing the first DataFrame go out of scope.

Adam

--
Adam Binford