Hey Adrian,

Ideally you shouldn’t use Cygwin to run on Windows — use the .cmd scripts we
provide instead. Cygwin might be made to work but we haven’t tried to do this
so far so it’s not supported. If you can fix it, that would of course be
welcome.

Also, the deploy scripts don’t work on Windows — we assumed that people would
mostly use Windows for local development and testing. However, if you do want
to launch a cluster, you can use spark-class.cmd manually to launch a Master
and then Workers. Use the commands in the first part of
http://spark.incubator.apache.org/docs/latest/spark-standalone.html.

Matei