Hello,

When trying to read from a file, sc.textFile() hangs for exactly one minute.
From the spark shell,

scala> val v = sc.textFile("README.txt")        // Hangs for one minute

After one minute the command successfully returns the result. Now, v.count also
blocks for one minute but returns the correct result. Interestingly, this
happens only once. Any subsequent sc.textFile and count calls on different
input files work without any problems.

In the example I'm trying to read from a local filesystem. I've tracked down
the problem to the FileSystem.getLocal(conf) call. Any ideas what might be the
cause of the one-minute delay?

Environment: Spark 0.8.0, Solaris 10

Thanks,
Milos