Hi,

The EC2
documents<http://spark.incubator.apache.org/docs/0.8.1/ec2-scripts.html>has
a section called 'Running Applications', but it actually lacks the
step
which should describe how to run the application.

The spark_ec2
script<https://github.com/apache/incubator-spark/blob/59e8009b8d5e51b6f776720de8c9ecb09e1072dc/ec2/spark_ec2.py>seems
to set up a standalone cluster, although I'm not sure why AMI_PREFIX
point to mesos ami
list<https://github.com/apache/incubator-spark/blob/59e8009b8d5e51b6f776720de8c9ecb09e1072dc/ec2/spark_ec2.py#L44>
.

Assuming that the cluster type is standalone, we could run the app by
spark-class script. Is this the missing step in the documentations?

spark-class script does not launch a daemon, is it suppose to be used with
nohup for long running applications?

Finally, is the standalone cluster type used for real world applications,
or do people use spark on yarn and mesos when it comes to production?