Hi,

I’ve set up a topology consisting of a Kafka spout. But unfortunately, I keep
getting the exception Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid
path string "//bytes3b68b144-e13c-4de3-beed-405e3ca5ae20/partition_1" caused by
empty node name specified @1.

Zookeeper has the default client port set (i.e. 2181), whereas the brokers path
is default as well.

I supply SpoutConfig with the following arguments:

SpoutConfig spoutConfig = new SpoutConfig(hosts, "bytes", "/", "bytes" +
UUID.randomUUID().toString());

However, obviously the problem seems to be in the zkRoot argument I’ve suplied
SpoutConfig with.

What value should it actually be? What does the zkRoot argument refer to?

Thanks in advance!