Hi,

I need some help. Basically looking for some sample Storm code or some
suggestions.

My requirement is to develop a code in Apache Storm latest version to consume
the data from Kafka topic (Kafka version : "0.9.0.1"). This kafka topic is SSL
enabled and data is in Avro format. I was able to run the command -
"kafka-avro-console-consumer" at the command line and consume the data.

I also used the Kafka API code - "KafkaConsumer<String, Object> consumer = new
KafkaConsumer<String, Object>(props);" and able to consume the data. In both
the cases,  I provided the required details such as :

bootstrap.servers

group.id

client.id

security.protocol

ssl.protocol

ssl.truststore.location

ssl.truststore.password

ssl.keystore.location

ssl.keystore.password

key.deserializer

value.deserializer

schema.registry.url

With the above two options (using Command Line and using Kafka API), I was able
to connect to SSL enabled Kafka topic and read the Avro data and de-serialize
it successfully. I want to achieve the same thing using Apache Storm code. I
did some research and unable to find any sample code. Please let me know if you
have any sample code or what Storm Class to use to achieve this. Thanks.

Regards
Srini Veerabomma |  Big Data Business Intelligence, EDABI COE | *Target India|
GWS Center | Bangalore | Mobile : +91-94825-04323