As per KafkaConsumer
documentation<https://kafka.apache.org/0100/javadoc/index.html?org/apache/kafka/clients/consumer/KafkaConsumer.html>:

“ Setting enable.auto.commit=true means that offsets are committed
automatically with a frequency controlled by the config
auto.commit.interval.ms. “

That means that the Spout disregards if the Tuple is acked or not;  every time
interval (as controlled by auto.commit.interval.ms ) the offset will be
committed. This can have have an impact on the delivery guarantees, because an
offset may be committed, yet the tuple may fail.

On Feb 20, 2017, at 8:15 AM, Igor Kuzmenko