What version of storm are you using?  In older versions of storm the timeout
check was done once every topology.message.timeout.secs.  So that means nothing
will timeout sooner than topology.message.timeout.secs, but could in the worst
case be almost 2x that. If I remember correctly that in newer versions of storm
we have adjusted it to check more frequently, but I don't know the JIRA off the
top of my head.

- Bobby

On Thursday, August 10, 2017, 8:06:51 AM CDT, preethini v