I think I know the answer, but I can’t find docs, so check my thinking please.

We’re going to be going from 1 topology to maybe 5 on our (v1.1.x) cluster. I
think the way I share the cluster is by setting NumWorkers() on all the
topologies so we divide the available JVM’s up. If that is true, then don’t we
have the problem that I’m tying up resources if one is idle? Or that I can’t
move a JVM from topology A to topology B if B is under load?

So my questions are:

  1.  Do I understand this correctly?
  2.  Is there any way to improve this situation besides just getting more
hosts and being ok with some portion of them being idle?
  3.  Is this going to get better in Storm 2?

Thanks!