No, this is not correct, Rick. The null pointer is for the reference to the Layout object in the session, which in fact is there. When I have the index page check to see if the object is there, Opera does not have a problem on OTHER pages. Odd? It is as if the placement of that object in the session does not happen with Opera unless you check that it has happened. BUT THAT IS ABSURD. Opera has no knowledge of any of this. RIght?

Michael