Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 3:33 PM
Subject: Re: Struts and PL/SQL

At 3:06 PM -0300 6/23/04, Lucas Gonzalez wrote:

Hi all!

Iīve been using Struts a lot with EJB and Hibernate with no problems.

But I always wondered if itīs possible to use an architecture that uses
STRUTS and goes directly to PL/SQL for the database layer. I know it is
possible in many way, but I would like to know if there is any special
product or package that integrates with PL ( the only one I found is
http://portalstudio.oracle.com/servlet/page?_pageid=473&_dad=ops&_schema=OP

STUDIO

) ... any pointers?

In common usage, your Struts development
shouldn't need to know anything about your
database layer; after that, you might get better
answers from a PL/SQL user forum.

I have certainly used Java to call PL/SQL stored
procedures before, but not in a way that is
specific to either Struts or PL/SQL; I simply
used java.sql.CallableStatement.

Joe