OK, so you are having a problem getting the checked state in the first place.

I suspect that you are not implementing / using the indexed attribute correctly.
Check you implementation or post the code as well.

Some websites that may be helpful:
http://www.jguru.com/forums/view.jsp?EID=1154155
http://stealthis.athensgroup.com/presentations/Model_Layer_Framework/Struts_Whitepaper.doc

(Read section: Using the Indexed Attribute in the Scope of the Iterate Tag)
http://javaboutique.internet.com/tutorials/strutsform/

I hope that helps.

-anuj

Jignesh Kapadia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 08/20/2004 02:19:17 AM

Please respond to "Struts Users Mailing List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

cc:    (bcc: Anuj Upadhyay/Jeppesen/TMC)

Subject:  Re: dealing with check boxes

Anuj,
        Thanks for you reply. But My concern is as follows.

e.g.

I display these records with checkbox  on my JSP as follows
<logic:iterator id= "list" name="name of the bean" property="Name of the
property">

</logic:iterate>

In this case "list" is  id on which is going to iterate. chkflag is the boolean
property of an object contained in the list(can be collection or arraylist).
depending on this it is going to decide whether the checkbox should be checked
or not.

Now How do I capture these changes which I do on the screen(checking and
unchecking of check boxes) in my Action class so that it can be store the
changes and display them when I come back to the same screen.

Let me know if still it is not clear.

Thanks,
Jignesh

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Jignesh,

I think your problem is not related to checkbox or multibox but to maintain a
list of modified records. To keep it simple I would suggest that you maintain a
Collection (Map, HashMap, List, etc.) of the modified records (which were
checked or unchecked) in the session. I think you can identify the records that
are modified on each page so just put them in the collection and put the
collection in session so that you have it for all the pages. Update your list
that you display in the jsp to include the checked state from this collection if
the record is modified while you move back and forth pages.

In your submit action you want to display the checked records, so filter and
display the records in your collection that have checked=true.

Finally update the records in your collection to the database. If I understand
correctly you want to update the checked state (checked and unchecked records).

I hope that helps.
Anuj

Jignesh Kapadia on 08/19/2004 01:59:03 PM