I have a List of business objects which have some read-only attributes. For
example, let's suppose that we have a list of employee objects. The employee
object has a status field. The available statuses are 'Active', 'Fired', and
'On Leave'. Only supervisors may ever select the 'Fired' option. Other users
may toggle an employee between 'Active' and 'On Leave'.

Obviously, I have a server side routine to enforce this requirement.
However, I'm looking to use the disabled attribute to grey out the 'Fired'
option. Here is the code that I would use without Struts:

<select>
        <option value="1">Active</option>
        <option value="2" disabled="true">Fired</option>
        <option value="3">On Leave</option>
</select>

I tried using the following Struts 2 tag, but it does not have any way for
me to dynamically disable the "Fired" option:

<s:select name="employeeStatus" list="availableEmployeeStatuses"
listKey="statusId" listValue="statusName" />

Is it possible to use the Struts 2 tags to dynamically disable options in a
select box? Or should I open a feature request in JIRA? Thanks!