I am sorry, but I am not able to reproduce it.
This is what I did (please see [1] for further details):
mvn archetype:generate -B \
                       -DgroupId=tutorial \
                       -DartifactId=tutorial \
                       -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.struts \
                       -DarchetypeArtifactId=struts2-archetype-blank \
                       -DarchetypeVersion=2.2.3.1
Then I opened example.xml and added what you wrote before (I only
changed the jsp):

      <action name="TestNavigateTo">
          <result type="redirectAction">
              <param name="actionName">NavigateTo</param>
              <param name="navigateTo">Enroll1</param>
          </result>
      </action>
      <action name="NavigateTo">
          <result>/example/HelloWorld.jsp</result>
      </action>

Launched jetty with
mvn jetty:run

Now whenever I go to
http://localhost:8080/tutorial/example/TestNavigateTo.action, Struts
send a redirect to
http://localhost:8080/tutorial/example/NavigateTo.action?navigateTo=Enroll1

So, my guess is there is something with your current configuration
(application server, environment, etc.)

PS: FYI the latest release of Struts 2 is 2.2.3.1  (see
http://struts.apache.org/2.2.3.1/index.html)

[1] http://struts.apache.org/2.2.3/docs/struts-2-maven-archetypes.html
Maurizio Cucchiara