Hi Greg,
I seem to recall that this is not the best way to handle the session and
generally speaking, it always better to abstract as much as possible http's
details

I could be wrong, but It would be better if your action implements a
specific interface (SessionAware or HttpSessionAware)

Twitter     :http://www.twitter.com/m_cucchiara
G+          :https://plus.google.com/107903711540963855921
Linkedin    :http://www.linkedin.com/in/mauriziocucchiara
VisualizeMe: http://vizualize.me/maurizio.cucchiara?r=maurizio.cucchiara