I was able to setup, with rest plugin as well. after adding
<constant name="struts.action.extension" value="action"/>
<constant name="struts.mapper.class"
value="org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.mapper.PrefixBasedActionMapper" />
<constant name="struts.mapper.prefixMapping" value="/rest:rest,:struts"/>
in struts.xml

--
Thanks & Regards

Sreekanth S Nair